Friday, May 9, 2008

ERROR: 20-FFFE-0017

Well, I did a memory check that returned no problems. Then, I selected to delete all data and partitions. This is apparently the longest way to reformat the hard drive.

The option is the second one, at the bottom of the dialog that appears after the black and red warning screen. "Erase the hard disk." "Delete all data and partitions from your hard drive."

I'm not exactly sure what all it does, but it took 10 hours to complete on s hard drive that is 150 GB in size. I kicked it off before I went to sleep for the night and it was about 48% done when I left for work in the morning. It never completed because a "data deletion" error occurred. My son saw the error on the screen of the laptop sitting on my desk around 3 PM, while I was at the office. See below for details about the error. I guess I'll try again.

Dialog title = "Toshiba Recovery Wizard"

An error has occurred.
ERROR: 20-FFFE-0017
Data deletion error.
Please press [OK] to turn off the computer.

No comments: