Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ethernet Not Working After Update

I was trying to not install any of the updates that are available to be downloaded and installed through Windows Update, but I've been having problems while downloading large amounts of data, that my router gets all hosed up and I have to reboot it. I had the same problem while running Ubuntu in VMware. It's always with the wireless card. So, I happened to look through the available updates, and noticed a new driver the Realtek network cards; one for the wireless and one for ethernet. So, I decided to install them and see if perhaps the update would fix the problems I was having with my router. Surprise, surprise!! Now, my ethernet port doesn't work at all. I tried to go and uninstall the update, but it didn't show up in the list of updates available to uninstall. I'm going to try and download a driver directly from Toshiba, and if that doesn't work, I'll try re-installing the original drivers from off of the factory media.

No comments: